How to get to Bayreuth
The nearest airports to Bayreuth are: Nuremberg (80 km from Bayreuth), Munich (200 km from Bayreuth) and Frankfurt (250 km from Bayreuth):
Nuremberg: From the airport you have to get to Nuremberg main train station (Nuremberg Hbf ) by underground (U Bahn). From there trains to Bayreuth leave every half hour. The journey to Bayreuth takes about 75 min from the airport.
Munich: From the airport you have to get to the Munich main train station (Munich Hbf ) by local train (S-Bahn). From there trains to Bayreuth leave every half hour. Note: the train connection involves a change in Nuremberg. There is no direct train from Munich to Bayreuth. The journey to Bayreuth takes about 3 ½ hours from Munich airport.
Frankfurt: Trains to Bayreuth are leaving nearly every hour at the Airport Terminal. Note: the train connection involves a change in Nuremberg. There is no direct train from Frankfurt to Bayreuth. The journey to Bayreuth takes about 4 ½ hours from Frankfurt airport.
For more information about the train connections see here (Deutsche Bahn).
Arrangements have been made for a special rate of 65 euros per night (single room) for a limited number of rooms at the Hotel Rheingold. To make reservations please contact the hotel directly and mention the word "logik" in your booking request to make use of this arrangement.
For a budget option you can have a look at Youth Hostels in Bayreuth.
Restaurants in town:
Bayreuth's city center features a large number of restaurants and pubs. Here are some options:
- La Cantinella: Italian. About 10 min walking distance from hotel Rheingold.
- Liebesbier: Pub food and good selection of beers. Very close to hotel Rheingold.
- Miam Miam Glou Glou: Casual French food. Also close to hotel Rheingold.
- Schinner Braustuben: Authentic Frankonian food with home brews. Close to the Richard Wagner Museum.
- Wiegner 1872: Upscale Italian. Close to Hotel Lohmuhle.
- Wolffenzacher: Traditional Frankonian. Close to the Markgräfliches Opernhaus.